Want to spread the good word of RadioPublic to your listeners? The first place we'd recommend is on your website, through a How To Listen guide that helps new listeners hear your podcast in a way that directly supports your show.
Here are a few talking points you can use when you mention RadioPublic on your show, in your email newsletter, on social media — wherever you connect with your audience.
You can keep it short and sweet (so you can repeat early and often)...
On your show:
“Listen to [Show Name] on RadioPublic — it’s free, easy-to-use, and helps listeners like you find and support shows like mine/ours. When you listen to my/our show on RadioPublic, everyone benefits.”
On social media:
“Support [Show Name] by listening with the free RadioPublic app for iOS or Android. When you listen to my/our show on RadioPublic, everyone benefits. [Link to show]”
Or you can go deeper. Here are a few of the reasons people tell us they love RadioPublic. Depending on your audience — and you know them best — you might want to emphasize one or more of the following:
- It works for everyone, everywhere: RadioPublic is available anywhere in the world; it’s 100% free (with no hidden charges or subscriptions); it’s easy to use; and it works on Apple and Android devices.
- Easy to use: Listening on RadioPublic is as easy as turning on the radio. When you click on a show link, it opens directly in RadioPublic so you can listen right away. And when you finish an episode, you can use “radio mode” to hear shows you might not discover otherwise.
- Import your shows: If you currently use another listening app, you can easily import your subscriptions into RadioPublic.
- Privacy: RadioPublic doesn’t require a login, so you can start listening right away, and your privacy is always respected. In a world where “free” often comes with many strings attached, RadioPublic puts listeners first.
- Open platform: While some podcast listening apps take a “walled garden” approach, RadioPublic is open to all podcasts. We’re built on RSS, an open web standard; we see openness as a core value and strategy; and are committed to moving the medium forward in collaboration with others.
- Rewarding podcasters: not only do episodes heard in the RadioPublic apps earn money for podcasters through the Paid Listens rate and the Loyal Listener bonus, we're developing a healthy ecosystem and building a marketplace to support the long-term business models of all podcasters big and small. By listening with RadioPublic, your show can stay financially sustainable so you can keep making episodes.
- Public benefit: RadioPublic is a Public Benefit Corporation powered by bona fide podcast geeks with extensive experience in public and not-for-profit media. We expand upon a fifteen year track record of supporting the distribution of audio content and paying independent radio producers and podcasters. We’re in this to contribute to a more sustainable podcasting ecosystem for everyone. Our mission, as embedded in our certificate of incorporation, reads:
To help listeners discover, engage with, and reward creators of stories, podcasts, and other audio.
We share public media’s educational, artistic, and journalistic mission, and the democratic values of open access to information.
We are committed to operating a platform that fairly values creators’ work, respects users’ privacy and information rights, and benefits all participants.