All live Podsites sites must have a registered domain. You can either get your domain through RadioPublic, or you can point your domain at us and keep it registered elsewhere.
We offer a free domain with every Podsite as an optional, free add-on. In order to take advantage of the free domain, it must be registered with us—domains not registered are not eligible for the free domain offer.
I don't have a domain yet or I want to start my Podsite with a new one
Great! Give us some information to register your domain and we will take care of everything.
- Your email address
- Your legal name
- A phone number, and
- A mailing address
If you would prefer to register the domain to be owned by a company, please provide the name of the company as well.
I already have a domain
Ok! We have two options for getting your new Podsite set up with that domain.
- You can transfer your domain registration to us. Doing this will automatically extend the registration for one year, and we will make sure the domain stays up to date for the life of your Podsite. (recommended)
- You can keep your domain registered where it is, and change your Domain Nameservers (NS or Nameservers) to point to new Nameservers provided by RadioPublic.
Please note that domains not transferred to or registered with RadioPublic are ineligible for the free domain offer.
Do I need to already be using Podsites to transfer my domain?
Because it can take up to two weeks, we recommend starting this process before you're ready to launch your Podsite. Changing your Nameservers and transferring your domain do not automatically cause your existing site to switch over to your new Podsite, so that's a step we can take when you're ready.
How do I change my Nameservers to RadioPublic?
- Export and send us your current DNS records. How to do this will vary by where your domain is registered and who manages your DNS server. We will work with you to find the best way.
- Hover: Send us a screenshot of the DNS page in your Hover dashboard.
- GoDaddy: Export your Zone File using the instructions here, then send the exported file to us.
- Wait for our Podsites team to configure new Nameservers for your domain and send you an email to confirm everything is set up.
- Change the Nameservers at your registrar to point at your new RadioPublic Nameservers. We will include instructions in the confirmation email you received during step 2.
- If you choose to transfer your domain to RadioPublic, now is the time! Start with step 2 below.
How do I transfer my domain to RadioPublic?
- First, change your Nameservers to RadioPublic using the steps above.
- Unlock your domain (turn off domain transfer lock).
- Disable registry contact privacy.
- Obtain a domain transfer key from your current registrar. Sometimes, depending on the domain TLD, this will not be needed, but usually it is.
- Send us the transfer key (email@example.com), along with the same contact information for registering a new domain.
- Confirm the transfer in any emails which you receive from your current registrar.
If you have questions get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org